After the engagement has settled down and you have announced your engagement and celebrated the occasion, it is down to business. The following points will be covered and discussed in further details, they are however not in a particular order. Some could argue you need to sit down and set a budget first before deciding on a date for the wedding, and that is perfectly fine. This is simply a guide and all information are suggestions to help the newly engaged design a plan that suits them, the order is completely a personal decision.
Remember to discuss everything with your new fiancée as this is his big day to and is just as important to him as it is to you. Also involve your friends and family, those that are close to you will be very excited and keen to help you during this exciting time of your life.
- Set a wedding date
- Set a wedding budget and who is contributing financially?
- Will you plan the wedding yourself, or use a wedding planner?
- Write a guest list and establish numbers (this is a rough estimate for searching for venues)
- Search for a ceremony venue that suits your needs
- Select where the reception is to be held (discuss what they can offer and any additional extras you may need)
- Decide on the style of wedding you would like, religious, themed, etc
- Choose a minister or celebrant to perform your ceremony
- Select your bridal party, how many bridesmaids and grooms-men and who (not forgetting all the other important roles)
- Send out your Save the Dates